The official synopsis for Episode 8 of Season 5 (What’s Past is Prologue) of the The Flash has been released:
In the 100th episode, Barry (Grant Gustin) and Team Flash come up with a plan to stop Cicada (Chris Klein). However, the plan calls for Barry and Nora (Jessica Parker Kennedy) to travel back in time to gather some key necessities. However, Barry hesitates, concerned about his daughter seeing certain parts of his life.
- I think Barry has hesitations because all Nora knows of her father is what is in the Flash Museum and the great stories people have told her so he might be hesitant because he’s made some serious mistakes in the past.
- It could be a pride thing or may be he doesn’t want to have his daughter judge him. Also he might just not want to be pitied by her.
- I think it will bring them closer together because I think Nora can be quite naive and even Barry had to let some of that innocence go to do what needs to be done.
Meanwhile, Sherloque (Tom Cavanagh) takes his concerns about Nora to Iris (Candice Patton), and Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) turns up a key asset in the fight against Cicada.
- I think it sucks that Sherloque goes to Iris about his hesitations because Iris is obviously going to have to bring it up with Nora and it might cause friction in an ALREADY fragile relationship. That being said we have been dying for answers on how Nora really ended up here. I wonder if we will get them in the episode.
- I think while Nora and Barry are gone Caitlin and Ralph may have to be in the field and then they come up against Cicada, they then realise that because she isn’t technically a metahuman (therefore immune to his power dampening dagger) she may be an asset in the fight against him.
What I would like to know circle’s around how Cicada is getting stronger and whether it depends on him killing metas and if killing a speedster might be an extreme boost to his strength and therefore that is how a speedster dies this season.